The particle physics simulation project is coming along quite nicely! We have the vast majority of the Belle II model imported into Unity and looking good now. There’s still plenty to work on, but check out how it looks as of right now:
Dr. Leo Piilonen has been extremely helpful in working to produce FBX files for the Belle II model rather than VRML files, and Jesse Barber, a physics undergraduate, has been working closely with me to get the model looking great.
Some of the things on my immediate to-do list:
- Finish importing Belle II (passive EKLM)
- Make another scale slider for scaling the Belle II without also repositioning it relative to the viewer
- Fix the opacity slider bug that I’m getting sometimes
- Fix the particle trails so that when the Belle II is moved they don’t generate trails for that movement itself and stay consistent within the Belle II model
- Try to improve the framerate when the entire Belle II is displayed